Natural pesticide is a pesticide which is basically derived from natural ingredients, such as herbs. Biodegradable pesticides (biodegradable) in nature, so it does not pollute the environment and relatively safe for humans and livestock, because the residue will decompose and easily lost.
Natural pesticides can control pests corp and can even kill through a unique way of working, and there are several natural substances that can treat diseases of plants, which can be through a combination of various means or singly
How it works botanical pesticides are very specific, namely:
- Undermine the development of eggs, larvae and pupae.
- Inhibits skin turnover.
- Disturbing insect communication.
- Causing insects refusing to eat.
- Inhibit the reproduction of female insects.
- Reduce appetite.
- Blocking the ability of eating insects.
- Repel insects.
- Inhibit the development of disease pathogens.
- Botanical pesticides advantages are:
- Cheap and easily made by farmers.
- Relatively safe for the environment.
- Does not cause toxicity in plants.
- Difficult to generate immunity to pests.
- Compatible combined with other control measures.
- Produce agricultural products are healthy because it is free of chemical pesticide residues.
2. Meanwhile, the disadvantages are:
- His power is relatively slow.
- Do not kill the target's body directly.
- Not resistant to sunlight.
- Less practical.
- Not can be retained.
- Sometimes - sometimes have to be applied / sprayed repeatedly.
Botanical pesticides can be applied using spray (sprayer) carrying such chemical pesticides in general. However, if it is not found spray, vegetable pesticide application can be done with the help of a brush sweeper (painter) wall or straw tied. The trick, the device is dipped into a bucket containing a solution of botanical pesticide, then wag on the plant.
So spraying pesticide plant gives good results, granular spray should be directed to parts of the plant where the body of the target is located. If already available pest control threshold, spraying pesticide plant should be based on control threshold. To determine the threshold control, pest observation needs to be done as accurately as possible. Observations are not careful can lead to pest already great at the next observation, and ultimately difficult to control.
Pesticides Vegetable Production Method Using Papaya Leaf :
- Papaya leaf
- Composter / jerry.
- Hand spray
- Pest (as a sample)
B. Production Method
- Take a papaya leaf of approximately 1 (one) kilogram, or roughly about one (1) large plastic bag crackle. Then crushed (can be blended) and mixed in a 1 (one) liter of water, then left for about one (1) hour. The next step is filtered and then into papaya leaf liquid distillate added another four (4) liters of water and 1 (one) big scoop soap.
- crushed / polished pulp papaya leaves can be put into the composter for additional compost material. Papaya liquid water and soap can already be used as a natural pesticide.
- Spray the liquid on the pests that disturb our plants. Pesticide sprays water and soap papaya can eradicate aphids (aphids), termites, pests small size, including caterpillars.
If still confused about how to make it, please download the video tutorial here.
And please read also how to make a natural pesticide with ingredients neem leaves here.
Hopefully what is described in the above article can be useful to readers, and thank you already want to visit.