To keep costs down it is good shopping you grow your own vegetables in your backyard. For the first step to planting leek in pots or polybags, planting scallion quite easy because living plant seeds without need to undertake the process of seeding or seeding. Leek harvest period is also quite short of the seeds can be harvested after 2.5 months of age or the number of his grove began many existing and partly yellowed leaves.
This time Independent Agriculture will discuss about how to plant leeks in a pot or polybag with organic systems. A process which we will discuss the process of the planter of seeds, how to plant and how to care for plants scallion. For seeding process will be discussed in two ways treatment process. Here's an easy way to plant leeks in the pot, but before we talk about how to grow leeks would be helpful to know in advance leek, following a brief explanation of the leek.
Scientific classification Leek:
How to Grow Organic Leek In Pot or polybags
Nursery with Seedbed Leek
- Seed planted in beds with a width of 100-120 cm and a length of land. Processed soil as deep as 30 cm mixed manure that has been sifted as much as 2 kg / m.
- Beds were given a clear plastic roof as high as 100-150 cm and 60-80 cm in the East on the West side.
- Seed sown in transverse bolt as deep as 1 cm with 10 cm distance between the bolt.
- Cover with banana leaves / wet jute sacks.
- Once germinated the cover is opened.
- Watering every day.
- Plants fertilized with leaves as much as 1/3 - 1/2 the recommended dose spray (age 1 month).
- 2-month-old seedlings with a height of 10-15 cm ready to be moved to cultivate.
- Clumps that will be used as seed 2.5 month old and healthy.
- Clumps dismantled along the roots, clean soil attached and root / leaf old.
- Separate clumps so we get some new clumps consisting of 1-3 chicks.
- Discard most of the leaves.
- Seeds stored in moist and shady place for 5-7 days.
For the planting medium leek vegetables in the pot is no different with vegetables in general. Soil or planting medium should be the pivot, lush, fertile and high in organic matter with a pH ranging from 6.5-7.5. To create a planting medium leek ideal to use the mixing of soil, compost and rice husk with a composition of 2: 1: 1. If trouble making husk can also use a mixture of manure with the soil composition of 1: 2.
Planting and Care Leeks
To create a live plant growers hole in the ground in a polybag or pot with a depth of 10 cm. Put the seeds, to 1 pot 1 seed. Cover with soil and flush water. For the best planting time planted the afternoon so that the air temperature and respiration rate is not too high.
Early treatment is very easy to plant watering every day, but not too much in the flush. For fertilization can be given foliar fertilizer or liquid organic fertilizer. The process of fertilization by spraying the leaves evenly or drained into the ground. Application of fertilizer can be given from day 10 and repeated every 10 days up to 3-4 times.
Organic Leek harvest
Harvesting leeks based on the age of the plant depends on the seed planted. If the seed is derived from the plant seedling can already be harvested at the age of 2.5 months. Whereas if the seed is derived from the seeds planted came from seed leek can be harvested at the age of 5 months.
Leek harvesting is done by pulling the entire family of plants or dismantled by tools small hoe. Leeks that have been revoked immediately transported and assembled in the shade to avoid the direct sunlight.
Planting constraints Leek
This type of leek plants susceptible to pests and diseases, especially in the rainy season. Here are some types of common pests and diseases that attack plants scallion, namely:
- Armyworm (Spodoptera litura)
- Onions caterpillar (Spodoptera exigua Hubn)
- Leafminer (Liriomyza chinencis
- Thrips (Thrips tabaci Lind and Thrips pasvisipunus Karny
- Late blight (Phythopthora infestans)
- Bacterial wilt (Pseudomonas solanacearum)
- Anthracnose (Collectrotichum gloeospoiroides)
- Spotting Purple / Trotol (Alternaria porri)
- Fusarium wilt (Fusarium oxysporum)
This information is all I can say about Easy Guide On How To Grow Organic Leek In Pot or Polybags, may be useful for the readers, so there's no excuse anymore because they do not have land, narrow area we can still functioned in transmitting the hobby of gardening , let alone can reduce spending for housewives ..